Touchstone 2.2: Create an Annotated Bibliography
ASSIGNMENT: Using your research question, working thesis, and outline from Touchstone 1.2, create an annotated bibliography that provides a synopsis of your sources and an explanation of how you will use them.
. Annotated Bibliography
Make sure to:
- ❒ Alphabetize the entries, according to APA style.
- ❒ Include the required bibliographic information in APA format for each entry.
- ❒ Include 3-4 sentences for each entry that provide a short summary of the source and how you plan to use it to support your argument.
- ❒ Include at least seven entries in your annotated bibliography, all of which must be credible, academic sources.
- ❒ Choose your own sources, but use no more than three websites (there is no limit on the number of online journals used).
- ❒ Thoroughly check the formatting requirements for the different source types.
- ❒ Indicate the required sources (book, peer-reviewed journal, newspaper/magazine, and credible website) by including the source type in parentheses after the relevant entry.
B. Reflection Questions Please answer of separate page
DIRECTIONS: Below your assignment, include answers to all of the following reflection questions.
- Accurately recording bibliographic information is essential and saves you time, as you can transfer this information to the References page of your drafted essay. Each source entry should include a brief summary of the source as well as 3-4 sentences describing how you intend to use that source to build or support your argument. Discuss how your annotated bibliography meets these criteria. (2-3 sentences)
- Which strategies were most helpful for you when searching for credible sources? (2-3 sentences)
- What difficulties did you face while searching for credible sources? How did you overcome these difficulties? (2-3 sentences)