Sheenas Backyard Plant Sales
As you should recall from Unit III and Unit V, Sheena grows three types of plants: desert rose, plumeria, and oleander. She sells her plants in her backyard and has hired your company to create a system for her to use in order to manage her business.
- For the desert roses and plumerias, she sells the seedlings at $5.00 each. She sells the small plants for $10.00 each, the medium-sized plants for $12.50 each, and the large-sized plants for $20.00 each.
- The desert roses come in six colors: red, pink, pale pink, purple, white, and yellow.
- The plumerias come in three colors: deep red, pink, and yellow.
- For the oleanders, she sells the small plants for $8.00 each, the medium-sized plants for $15.00 each, and the large-sized plants for $26.00 each.
- The oleanders come in five colors: red, orange, pink, white, and yellow.
Whenever Sheena has a sale, she uses a spreadsheet to record the customers first and last name, address, phone number, email address, and items sold. If they are a repeat customer, Sheena will give them a 5% discount on their order. Customers pay Sheena in cash or through Venmo.The spreadsheet is getting a bit tedious to keep up with and allows a lot of room for error. Below are Sheenas requirements for the new system that your company will create for her business.
- It will be able to generate invoices to print or email.
- Invoices should include the invoice number, the customers name, the customers address, the date of the sale, the items sold (including color, quantity, and price), the sale subtotal, whether any discounts were applied to the sale, the total tax per sale, and the subtotal.
- It will be able to report repeat customers so that Sheena can send them discount coupons and sale alerts.
- The report should include the customers name and address, the discount applied to the sale, and the discounts expiration date.
- It will include a daily sales report ordered by highest quantity of items sold.
- The daily sales report will include all of the transactions from the day. On the report, each transaction should include the item names, item sizes, item colors, quantities sold, item prices, and the total sales amount. The report should also include the total sales amount for all of the sales combined that day.
For this assignment, address the components listed below.
- Explain the benefit of using social media sites for Sheena to sell her plants.
- Describe database design methodologies to be used in this project.
- Explain data relationship diagrams (ERDs) and how they relate to this project. Describe and apply systems architecture to this project.