Step 1: Access and download the “Professional Communication Table” document that you will use for this assignment and that also offers an example for you to model as you complete your own.
Step 2: Save the file to your desktop using the following file name format:
- Example: Ed_Buchanan_Wk1_DOC.docx
Step 3: Find an article about effective professional communication that was published in the last 18 months.
Read the article and develop a 25 to 50-word summary. Summaries shorter
than 25 words and longer than 50 will not receive credit.
Fill in the “Professional Communication Table” with the requested
information: a hyperlink to the article, your 25 to 50-word summary, and
your name (in the “Employee” section). Save the changes you made within your document.
Note: This is a pass/fail assignment. All elements must be completed simulating the workplace environment where incomplete work is not accepted.
professional experience assignments are designed to help prepare you
for that environment. To earn credit, make sure you complete all
elements and follow the instructions exactly as written. This is a
pass/fail assignment, so no partial credit is possible. Assignments that
follow directions as written will receive full credit, 22 points.
Assignments that are incomplete or do not follow directions will be
scored at a zero.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Plan, create, and evaluate professional documents.
- Write clearly, coherently, and persuasively using proper grammar, mechanics, and formatting appropriate to the situation.
- Deliver professional information to various audiences using appropriate tone, style, and format.
- Learn communication fundamentals and execute various professional tasks in a collaborative manner.
- Analyze professional communication examples to assist in revision.