Assess value chain management.
You have just been hired as a Business Process Consultant for Haynes Management Consultants and have been assigned your first major client, an international electronics manufacturer, JBH Electronics. JBH is in the process of revamping their global and domestic operations facilities and need guidance on whether to employ Porter’s Value Chain or Five-Forces Model during the process. You have been assigned the task on creating the Executive Summary for the client playbook that is given to JBH at the project kickoff meeting.
The executive summary will contain a synopsis evaluating how an organization can use either Porter’s Value Chain or the Five-Forces Model to strengthen their value chain. This will be your first interaction with the client, and you want to be sure the client understands the organizational value chain management method.
Your executive summary should include:
- Introduction to Porter’s Value Chain and Five Forces Model.
- An explanation of how JBH Electronics’ can benefit from using Porter’s Value Chain.
- An explanation of how JBH Electronics can benefit from Porter’s Five Forces.
- Recommendation for the model used to strengthen their value chain management.
- Provide attribution for credible sources.