Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Processes and Readiness
With all of your experience surrounding change so far, you feel fairly confident in your organizational development (OD) role now. You made an excellent presentation to the executive staff of the parent organization. Now, they have recruited you to not only work with them on their needs and interventions but also with other companies within the larger organization. The larger organization consists of 60 independent companies with differing missions and current strategies. In fact, you are now a vice president of OD at the corporate level. You have higher level responsibilities, including all 60 companies.
Discuss the following:
- Explain the concepts and theories surrounding large-scale change processes and readiness assessment.
- How will you go about conducting readiness assessments for the entire organization? Be specific and provide a cost example for each item in your proposed readiness assessment.
- Use a minimum of 1 chart in your analysis or description of a model or strategy being recommended, and use 1 flow chart showing the estimated time that each could entail.
- What will you say and present to the corporate staff to convince them of your ability to accomplish this mission? Use business return on investment (ROI) and productivity improvement potential as two of the 5 key points that you will develop to win the confidence and trust of your clients to handle this business-focused change intervention.
- Be sure to use valid graduate-level references and APA format.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmate’s postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.